- Contains Everything you need, guaranteed to pass tech inspection
- easy, 1 step ordering
- Thick (ie. hot/heavy) 1 piece race suit
- requires nomex underwear (hot)
2. Build Your Own Set
Basically, just pick out all the required components mentioned above that meet your budget/comfort/style requirements. Below is a few examples and websites for gear that some of us have. I recommend saferacer.com
to handle the bulk of what you need.
-Same Gear as the lemons bundle, minus the helmet (also, a SCCA discount)
-Budget Helmet options (must be SA2010)
-Cheap way to get in an EXTREMELY nice race suit, for a small budget (~$200-400). And, you get awesome sponsorships on your suit. – Mine is CornFlakes!
-These suits don’t require nomex, and are lighter…so, more comfortable.
-If you go this route, make sure you call the guy and ensure that you order a suit that fits and has the REQUIRED SFI tag still on the suit.
- Saves a bit of $$$, or gets better quality
- Must make sure you order everything you need
-$180-200, gets you everything you need for a weekend.
- Saves $$$ if you only plan on doing one race
- You still have to buy or rent gear in the future.
So, I think that covered the 3 main options. Feel free to ask me questions if you have any. I’d advise you check with me before ordering anything other than the bundle and I can make sure you get everything you need.